Adeptia introduces its data integration product, Adeptia Connect (AC) in a new avatar – as a cloud-native application with microservice architecture. This Beta release of the application (AC v4.0) provides all the functionalities of AC v3.4 but its architecture has been upgraded to microservice architecture. It uses Docker to containerize different microservices and uses Kubernetes for container orchestration and management. AC v4.0 with its new architecture has the following advantages:
- It can run as a cloud native-application.
- Different microservices can be scaled as per need.
- High availability.
- Automated deployment and upgrade through CD pipeline.
- Centralized monitoring and logging.
What it offers
The Beta release of Adeptia Connect v4.0 comprises the following Microservices.
The key features that the application offers are as follows.
- External configuration management with database.
- Persistent storage with PV and PVC.
- Secrets management with Vault.
- Centralized logging with EFK.
If you opt for EFK as a logging tool while deploying Adeptia Connect v4.0, the EFK stack is automatically deployed. In case you use some other centralized logging tool you can follow the documentation of respective tool or use your internal expertise to integrate with Adeptia Connect.
- Centralized monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana.
If you opt for Prometheus and Grafana as monitoring tools while deploying Adeptia Connect v4.0, they're automatically deployed. In case you use some other centralized monitoring tool you can follow the documentation of respective tool or use your internal expertise to integrate with Adeptia Connect.
- Load balancing and Autoscaling.
- Single sign on with SAML.
- Application deployment on Azure cloud.
- Application upgrading (patching) and rollback.
What's to follow
The next set of Microservices that will feature in AC v4.0 GA release is the following.
- AI Map
The list below consist of the application features to be included in the AC v4.0 GA release.
- LDAP Integration
- API Rate Limiting
- Distributed tracing
- Distributed caching
- Utilities like Tracer, Logs Archival & Cleanup
- System console
- Application Maintenance > Kernel and Scheduler pages
- Native Calls in Kubernetes Environment
- Application Deployment on AWS cloud
- Solution promotion and rollback
- AC3 (old Architecture) to AC4 (Microservices) upgrade
- Application Deployment on premises
Application package location
Adeptia Connect application (AC v4.0) is available as a Helm package in the Amazon ECR repository. Here's the link to access the package.
To know about how to download and install the application using the Helm package, click here.
AC v4.0 documentation
You can visit the AC v4.0 documentation for detailed information on the application architecture, deployment, implementation, maintenance, and anything that you want to know about the application.