After creating a project, you can set it as the default project for the particular user group. However, only Administrator and System Admin group user or the owner of a project, can assign a default project to other users of the same group.
After assigning a default group to a user, when the user logs in to Adeptia Suite, all the activities of the user will be saved in the default project of the respective user. However, the user can select and change the project while saving the activity, if required. For example, if you want to assign the project Warehouse_Inventory to a user, you need to perform the following steps:
- Go to Administer > Setup > User.
- Click Create New to create a new user.
Provide the values in the respective fields.
For information on how to create a user, refer to Creating a User.
On the User Manage page, from the Project drop-down list box, select the project that you want to set as the default project for this user.
If you want to learn more about the scope of the project, refer to Group Level Project Scope.
Steps to assign the default project to users belonging to multiple Groups
- There may be users belonging to more than one group, and you may want to assign the default project to those users. For instance, there are two projects - Project1 and Project2 with Group1 and Group2 assigned respectively. User1 belongs to both Group1 and Group2. Now, to assign a default project to User1, you need to perform the following steps:
Create two groups, for example, Group1 and Group2.
For information on how to create a group, refer to Creating a User Group.
Create two projects, for example, Project1 and Project2 and assign to the respective groups (created in the step above).
- Create a new user who belongs to both Group1 and Group2.
Login with this user, with Group1 as the group.
On the Adeptia Suite home page, click My Profile to open the profile window.
- Click Edit to select the project that you want to set as the default project for this user from the Project drop-down list box.
The selected project will remain as the default project for Group1 until the user logins with Group2 and edits the Default project. If the user edits the Default project then the default project for Group1 is also reset.
- Click Save.
Steps to assign an existing project to a group
From Adeptia Suite 6.1 onward, we have moved the project scope to the group level. Therefore, after installing the latest patch, the Administrator needs to edit and assign all the existing projects to appropriate groups. Perform the following steps to assign an existing project to a group:
Go to Develop > Projects.
- Click Action and select the Edit option from the context menu.
- Select an appropriate group from the Group drop-down list box.
- Click Save to save the project.