You can use Web Service Provider activity to publish your web services so that Web Service Consumers can access it. Once you publish a Web Service Provider activity, it will create a WSDL file, which will be available to Adeptia Suite users. The user can then use this WSDL to invoke the Web Service.
From Adeptia Suite 6.1 onward, you will get EasyWSDL parser for Web Service Provider activity. This EasyWSDL parser has the following additional benefits:
- It is more robust than WSDL4j
- It is more reliable than WSDL4j
By default, Adeptia Suite will use EasyWSDL parser. However, WSDL4j parser is still there for backward compatibility. To use the WSDL4j parser, you need to change the abpm.webservice.provider.wsdlparser.iswsdl4j to true. For more details, refer to Configuring Adeptia Suite to use WSDL4j Parser section.
Following are the key points that you should keep in mind while using WS Provider feature:
- When you use WSDL4j as your WSDL parser then the process to create any new WS Provider activity will remain same as earlier.
- When you use EasyWSDL as your WSDL parser then:
- Any new WS Provider activity that you create will use EasyWSDL parser.
- You don't have to create an XML Schema for this Provider activity. You can directly load WS Provider activity, in the Data Mapper, and select the operation in the Data Mapper.
For information how to load a WS Provider activity in the Data Mapper, refer to Loading Web Service Provider in Data Mapper.
- You cannot use Web Service Provider to create an XML Schema.
- If you edit any existing WS Provider activity in Adeptia Suite, which you made using an earlier version of Adeptia Suite then Adeptia Suite will use WSDL4j parser to edit it.
- If you create any WS Provider activity using WSDL4j parser then Adeptia Suite will always use that parser to edit the activity irrespective of the WSDL parser that is currently configured on Adeptia Suite.
- Similarly, if you create any WS Provider activity using EasyWSDL parser then Adeptia Suite will always use that parser to edit the activity irrespective of the WSDL parser that is currently configured on Adeptia Suite.
Following are the major subsections:
|Step-by-step instructions to create WS Provider activity if Adeptia Suite is configured to use EasyWSDL parser.|
|Learn how to load Web Service Provider in Data Mapper.|
|Step-by-step instructions to create WS Provider activity if Adeptia Suite is configured to use WSDL4j parser.|
|Step-by-step instructions to use EasyWSDL Parser for existing Web Service Provider activity.|
|Learn how to publish web services in a clustering environment.|