JDO Caching provides the following advantages in Adeptia Suite:
- Improves the performance of the application by serving user with cached output.
- Decreases server round trips for fetching data from database by persisting data in the memory.
- Reduces overhead from server resources.
By default, JDO Caching is enabled. However, if JDO Caching is disabled then follow the below steps to enable it.
Steps to enable JDO Caching and set cache parameters
On the Adminster tab, go to Setup > Application Settings > Update System Properties.
Expand Performance Optimization > Caching > JDO.
Set the value in the below properties:
Property Name Description Default Value abpm.jdo.cache.enable To enable JDO cache. no abpm.jdo.cache.maxElementsinMemory Maximum number of elements to be held in memory. (0 = no limit) 0 abpm.jdo.cache.idleTime Time in seconds before an object in the cache expires if it is not accessed. 86400 abpm.jdo.cache.timetoLive Time in seconds from the point of creation in the cache till it expires (regardless of how frequently it is accessed in that time). (0 = live forever or infinite) 0
- Click Save.
- Click Reload configuration.
- Restart the server for the changes to take effects.