Migration utility guide enables you to seamlessly migrate objects (Activities, Objects, Process Flows, Users and Group, and more) from one Adeptia Suite installation to another Adeptia Suite installation. For example, you can migrate objects created in the Development environment to the Production environment and vice-versa by using Migration utility.
Adeptia offers Migration utility which facilitates you to seamlessly migrate objects in all situations. It is a comprehensive tool that enables you to:
- Promote objects across environments (for example, Development environment to QA environment and vice-versa)
- Migrate objects from an older version to a new upgraded version
- Change the backend database
- Take backup of the Adeptia Server
- Apply Accelerator
This utility allows you to transfer objects in three ways:
- Environment Promotion: It allows you to promote objects across environments. This migration is at the user level, where you can select a group and promote all its objects such as Events, Activities, Process Flows, Users, and Groups, to another environment. In Environment Promotion, log data and transaction states are not transferred to the new environment.
- Migration: It allows you to migrate objects across versions. This migration is at an advanced level, where you can transfer all objects of all groups from the currently installed version to a new upgraded version. Additionally, it also facilitates you to take the backup of all objects and configuration files in the current installation and restore them whenever required.
Applying Accelerator: It allows you to apply the Accelerators, for example, NetSuite, Salesforce, EDI Accelerators, and more.
Migration utility runs both in interactive and noninteractive mode. In an interactive mode, you need to provide information on Graphical User Interface (GUI). Alternatively, you can run Migration utility in noninteractive mode, also referred as silent mode or silent installation. In this mode, the utility gets information from a text file (import.xml or export.xml) specified at the Command Prompt using -export or -import argument instead of interactive GUI input and output.
Following are the major sections of this guide:
|Step-by-step instructions to run Migration utility in GUI mode and Console mode.|
|Step-by-step instructions to run Migration utility in the silent mode.|