This section describes the Data Interface Monitoring feature, which enables you to monitor:
- The Data Interface activities that are used to process any particular file.
- Source files that are being processed and their corresponding target files.
- Errors in the source files.
- Errors in the target files.
In Adeptia Suite, this feature is available in:
Steps to View the Data Interface Log
Click the Monitor tab and then click the Dashboard menu. All the options of the Dashboard menu are displayed (see Figure 43).
Figure 43: Dashboard Menu options
- Select the Data Interfaces option. The Monitor Data Interfaces screen is displayed.
- Select Data Interface solution from the dropdown list Solution. For example, select the Default_Data_Interfaces option, which is the default Data Interface solution.
- Enter the search term in the textbox corresponding to the Solution dropdown list.
- Click Search. The Data interface activities for the selected solution are displayed (See Figure 44).
Figure 44: The Monitor Data Interfaces screen
The Monitor Data Interface screen has the following fields:
Name of the Data Interface activity. This is displayed as a link. Click on this link to view the process flow log.
Name of the source file. This is displayed as a link. Click on this link to view the file.
Name of the target file. This is displayed as a link. Click on this file to view the file.
Displays the date and time when the file was processed.
Displays the log message indicating whether the processing is successful or not.
Displays the name of the source error file, if any. This file contains the error records if any in the source file. This is displayed as a link. Click on this link to view the errors in the source file.
Displays the status of the file being processed. The status of the file can be PASS or FAIL.
Target Error File
Displays the name of the target error file, if any. This file contains the error records if any in the target file. This is displayed as a link. Click on this link to view the errors in the target file.
Displays the PID of the process flow instance which has processed the file.
You can also search the logs based on any of the following search criteria:
To view the process flow log, click on the name of any instance. A new screen Solution History is opened (See Figure 45).
Figure 45: The Solution History screen
- To view details of the process flow log, click the Detailed Log link. A new screen, Process Flow Log Details, is opened (See Figure 46).
Figure 46: The Process Flow Log Details screen
At times, the list of Data Interface log entries is very long. In such a case, you can search for Data Interfaces to be loaded, based on the Data Interfaces name or type by selecting the appropriate search criteria from the dropdown list and entering the search criteria in the text box. Clicking Search will display only those Data Interfaces that conform to the entered criteria.
You can also search the Data Interfaces based on date.
- The Data Interface Monitor Page displays the logs, as on the current date.
You can also view data interface logs within a specific date and time range. Click the ( This displays the date and time range fields (see Figure 47).) icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Figure 47: Date and Time Range
- Click the Calendar icon ( ) to enter the date range and enter the time range in the respective fields. Once done, click Apply. This displays the Data Interface log conforming to the specified time.
If you click the Refresh ( ) icon, present in the upper right-corner of the screen, all the panes of the Data Interface screen are refreshed with latest information.