Adeptia introduces its data integration product, Adeptia Connect (AC) in a new avatar – as a cloud-native application with microservice architecture. This GA release of the application (AC v4.0) provides all the functionalities of AC v3.5 but its architecture has been upgraded to microservice architecture. It uses Docker to containerize different microservices and uses Kubernetes for container orchestration and management. AC v4.0 with its new architecture has the following advantages:
- It can run as a cloud native-application.
- Different microservices can be scaled as per need.
- High availability.
- Automated deployment and upgrade through CD pipeline.
- Centralized monitoring and logging.
What it offers
The GA release of Adeptia Connect v4.0 comprises the following Microservices.
|Refer to the Application architecture for an overview of the microservices.|
The key features that the application offers are as follows.
- All features of AC v3.5 and all the hot fixes thereon (up to 3.5.12).
- External configuration management with database.
- Persistent storage with PV and PVC.
- Secrets management with Vault.
- Load balancing and Autoscaling.
- Tenant boundary based on Partner and Process flows.
- Centralized logging with EFK.
- Centralized monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana.
- System console
- User Authentication
- Single sign on with SAML.
- LDAP Integration
- Logs Archival & Cleanup
- Reset Cache
- Application deployment on Azure cloud.
- Application upgrade (patching) and rollback.
- Solution promotion and rollback using Jenkins
- AC3 (Old Architecture) to AC4 (Microservices)
The baseline for this version is AC v3.5. It also includes all the hot fixes on v3.5 (up to 3.5.12). Therefore, all the functionalities remain the same as those in AC v3.5.
Adeptia Connect v4.0.1
Adeptia releases the version, AC v4.0.1, on the top of AC v4.0 and it includes the following new features, enhancements, and bug fixes. The documentation for AC v4.0.1 remains the same as that for AC v4.0.
- Tenant boundary based on Project for Process Flows.
- Support for migrating select objects from AC v3.5 to AC v4.0.
- The system threw an error while executing a SOAP Provider for which the security policy had encryption enabled for both outgoing and incoming messages.
- Users were not able to generate the PDF of a Process Flow using the Generate PDF option in WebPD.
Users were not able to connect to Azure SQLMi with AD authentication.
The Process Flow with email notification activity aborted with Read Timeout error.
System was not able to read Krb5.conf file while connecting to Kafka using Kerberos authentication.
- Users were not able to migrate the objects exported from the LDAP enabled AC v3.5 to the AC v4.0 environment.
- Users were getting error while trying to move to the next screen from the Select Files/Folders page when they selected Individual Activities in the Select Export Criteria field to create the export xml file using the Solution Promotion.
Adeptia Connect v4.0.2
Adeptia releases the version, AC v4.0.2, that includes the following new feature, enhancements, and bug fixes. The documentation for AC v4.0.2 remains the same as that for AC v4.0.
- You can now use Azure Blob as an activity in a Process Flow.
- You can now define pod annotation and pod label at global level in the global values.yaml file.
- You can now define pod annotation for webapp-gateway, autoscaler, and event microservices under their respective sections in the global values.yaml file.
- You can now use Datadog with Java Agent for logging and monitoring purposes.
- The JSON Schema was taking longer than expected to process the records in a file.
- When Azure AD authentication was enabled on application databases, the AIMAP service was getting failed to run.
- The SOAP/REST provider, published as a Webhook or a Process Flow, was getting failed to execute on dedicated queue.
- Users were not able to deploy the application with Horizontal Pod Autoscaling (HPA) enabled.
Application package location
Adeptia Connect application (AC v4.0) is available as a Helm package in the ArtifactHUB. The migration Helm and roles zip also reside at ArtifactHUB. Here are their respective locations.
- adeptia-connect: adeptia-connect 4.0.0 · adeptiainc/adeptia-connect (artifacthub.io)
- migration: migration 4.0.0 · adeptiainc/adeptia-connect-migration (artifacthub.io)
- roles: roles 4.0.0 · adeptiainc/adeptia-connect-roles (artifacthub.io)
To know about how to install the application using the Helm package, click here.
AC v4.0 documentation
You can visit the AC v4.0 documentation for detailed information on the application architecture, deployment, implementation, maintenance, and anything that you want to know about the application.