You need to create an ISA Outbound Envelope. This is used to define the values and control number of ISA header, which is generated in the outbound file. It can be created either from the Manage Trading Partner page or from the Create Outbound Relationship page.
Steps to create ISA Outbound Envelope:
- On the Adeptia Suite homepage, click the Develop tab.
- Go to Solutions ?> B2B ?> Relationships. This action will display you the Manage Trading Partner screen.
- Select the EDI Trading Partner activity for which you want to define the ISA Outbound envelope and click ISAOutboundEnvelope tab. This action will display you the Manage ISA Outbound Envelope screen.
Click on the Create New link. This action will display you the Create ISA Outbound Envelope screen.
The following figure displays a sample ISA Outbound Envelope screen (see Figure 36).
Figure 36: Outbound ISA Envelope Sample
- Enter the name and description for the ISA Outbound Envelope activity in the Name and Description text boxes respectively.
- Enter the authorization code in the Authorization code qualifier text boxes.
- Enter the authorization code in the Authorization code text boxes.
- Enter the security code in the Security code qualifier text boxes.
- Enter the security code in the Security code text boxes.
- Enter the Interchange Sender ID Qualifier in the Interchange SenderID Qualifier text boxes.
- Enter the Interchange Sender ID in the Interchange SenderID text boxes.
- Enter the Interchange Receiver ID Qualifier in the Interchange ReceiverID Qualifier text boxes.
- Enter the Interchange Receiver ID in the Interchange ReceiverID text boxes.
- Enter the Interchange standards identifier in the Interchange Standards Identifier text boxes.
- Enter the Interchange VersionID in the Interchange VersionID drop-down list.
- If you want to use the interchange control number, defined in the outbound trading partner, of this ISA outbound envelope activity then, check the Use Global Interchange Control No checkbox. If you want to use interchange control number defined in the inbound relationship, then do not check this checkbox.
- If you want to receive an acknowledgement for the sent message then, select Yes from the Acknowledgement drop-down list, otherwise select No.
- Select a test production indicator from the Test/Production Indicator drop-down list.
- Enter the required separator in the Element Separator, Sub-element Separator, Segment Terminator and Repetition Separator textboxes. The ISA Outbound Envelope uses these separators while creating the outbound data or acknowledgement.
If you want that your EDI file should display data in a block format (see Figure 37) then, select an appropriate segment line break from the Segment line break textbox. Please refer to the below table for more information on the types of segment line breaks.
Segment Line Break
This option generates the target EDI file without a line break
This option appends a \n as segment terminator
This option appends a \r as segment terminator
CR LF-Carriage Return/Line Feed
This option appends a \r\n as segment terminator
Anchor _Ref375576272 _Ref375576272 Anchor _Toc412543835 _Toc412543835
Figure 37: Block Format of Acknowledgement File
- Select a project in which you want to associate your activity to from the Project drop-down list.
- Click on the Save button. This action will display you a screen confirming that your ISA Outbound Envelope is successfully created.