Adeptia introduces its data integration product, Adeptia Connect (AC) in a new avatar – as a cloud-native application with microservice architecture. This GA release of the application (AC v4.0) provides all the functionalities of AC v3.5 but its architecture has been upgraded to microservice architecture. It uses Docker to containerize different microservices and uses Kubernetes for container orchestration and management. AC v4.0 with its new architecture has the following advantages:
- It can run as a cloud native-application.
- Different microservices can be scaled as per need.
- High availability.
- Automated deployment and upgrade through CD pipeline.
- Centralized monitoring and logging.
What it offers
The GA release of Adeptia Connect v4.0 comprises the following Microservices.
|Refer to the Application architecture for an overview of the microservices.|
The key features that the application offers are as follows.
- All features of AC v3.5 and all the hot fixes thereon (up to 3.5.12).
- External configuration management with database.
- Persistent storage with PV and PVC.
- Secrets management with Vault.
- Load balancing and Autoscaling.
- Tenant boundary based on Partner and Process flows.
- Centralized logging with EFK.
- Centralized monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana.
- System console
- User Authentication
- Single sign on with SAML.
- LDAP Integration
- Logs Archival & Cleanup
- Reset Cache
- Application deployment on Azure cloud.
- Application upgrade (patching) and rollback.
- Solution promotion and rollback using Jenkins
- AC3 (Old Architecture) to AC4 (Microservices)
The baseline for this version is AC v3.5. It also includes all the hot fixes on v3.5 (up to 3.5.12). Therefore, all the functionalities remain the same as those in AC v3.5.
Adeptia Connect v4.0.1
Adeptia releases a patch, AC v4.0.1, on the top of AC v4.0 and it includes the following new features, enhancements, and bug fixes. The documentation for AC v4.0.1 remains the same as that for AC v4.0.
- Tenant boundary based on Project for Process Flows.
- Support for migrating select objects from AC v3.5 to AC v4.0.
- Transaction created based on a user created EDI Template was getting displayed for Partners also.
- The files and folders ("Custom classes" and "Custom packages") corresponding to a custom connector being used in an activity were not getting exported while performing migration.
- The Select Account page was getting displayed while creating a Transaction even when the Source Account was already defined in the corresponding Template using Snowflake.
- A spawn flow with "wait for child" as false and the priority as "Real time processing" was not getting executed through RabbitMQ.
- The system threw an error while executing a SOAP Provider for which the security policy had encryption enabled for both outgoing and incoming messages.
- Users were not able to generate the PDF of a Process Flow using the Generate PDF option in WebPD.
- Users were not able to migrate the objects exported from the LDAP enabled AC v3.5 to the AC v4.0 environment.
- Users were getting error while trying to move to the next screen from the Select Files/Folders page when they selected Individual Activities in the Select Export Criteria field to create the export xml file using the Solution Promotion.
What's to follow
Following refinements and known issues will be addressed in upcoming patches/releases.
- Tenant boundary based on Project for Transactions.
- Performance optimization.
- Published Webservice/ Web hook API sync mode does not support dedicated Queue and runtime.
- RabbitMQ is not working in ssl mode.
- ai-map microservice is not working in ssl mode.
Application package location
Adeptia Connect application (AC v4.0) is available as a Helm package in the ArtifactHUB. The migration Helm and roles zip also reside at ArtifactHUB. Here are their respective locations.
- adeptia-connect: adeptia-connect 4.0.0 · adeptiainc/adeptia-connect (artifacthub.io)
- migration: migration 4.0.0 · adeptiainc/adeptia-connect-migration (artifacthub.io)
- roles: roles 4.0.0 · adeptiainc/adeptia-connect-roles (artifacthub.io)
To know about how to install the application using the Helm package, click here.
AC v4.0 documentation
You can visit the AC v4.0 documentation for detailed information on the application architecture, deployment, implementation, maintenance, and anything that you want to know about the application.